Monday, February 21, 2011

HelpingHand


I'm quietly confused
Either I'm being loved veritably
Or I am being used
Why use me?

Aren't I something worth keeping?
Someone full of the moments?
Anything here you are seeking?
I guess not

I'm just dangling on strings
Dancing around your feet
Just waiting for what next time brings
Why am I doing this?

Don't you want to be free?
Away from this pattern you're stuck in?
Wouldn't you like to cross that wretched sea?
I'm on the other side

I'm shadowed by your ache
The darkened shadow, you falter
It's pulling you under the wake
Will you ever resurface?

Are you gonna give up hope?
Why insist on drowning?
Don't you see me throwing you my rope?
I could never let you sink



1 comment:

  1. i hate this. because i can really relate to it. brilliantly said.

    ReplyDelete